MD February 27, 2014 •
The courtesy data review period for hospitals receiving a Hospital Safety Score in October will be open from September 18th to October 8th
CEOs of hospitals receiving a Hospital Safety Score in October will receive a letter in the mail that contains a username and password to access the Data Review Website
, as well as instructions to complete the data review process.
If you do not receive a copy of the letter, please contact the help desk at: https://leapfrogscore.zendesk.com
. To avoid delays in receiving your username and password from the Help Desk, please submit your hospital’s full name, address, and Medicare Provider Number when submitting a request. Usernames and passwords have not changed since April 2014.
You may download a copy of the Data Review Instructions and Links to Source Data below. Hospital Safety Scores and source data from April 2014 will remain posted at www.HospitalSafetyScore.org until late October. Leapfrog advises all hospitals to visit that website now, and print a copy of the April 2014 source data for their records and information.
MD September 12, 2014 •
- Once you log into the Data Review Website, download a copy of the Data Review Instructions and read them carefully.
- Please be sure to download a copy of the 'Links to Source Data' spreadsheet available on the Data Review Website directly above the table that contains your hospital’s source data. The spreadsheet includes two tabs - Leapfrog Measures and CMS Measures - with direct links to each report Leapfrog used to obtain measure scores. When looking for a link, please be sure you are looking in the tab that corresponds to the data source listed on the Data Review Website (i.e. if the data source is listed as ‘2014 Leapfrog Hospital Survey,’ you will look in the ‘Leapfrog Measures’ tab, not the ‘CMS Measures’ tab of the spreadsheet).
- If you find that a measure score from the Data Review Website does not match the public report, please be sure you are looking at the correct (a) data source (b) reporting period (c) measure.
- Please review the notes regarding ‘Minimum Reporting Requirements’ and ‘Trimming Extreme Values’ on page 19 of the Scoring Methodology. This may explain a measure score/rate discrepancy.
- If you need to contact the Help Desk about a measure score not matching the public report, please include the following information in your Help Desk ticket:
- Hospital’s name, address, and Medicare Provider Number
- Name of the measure and measure source listed on the Data Review Website
- Measure score for that measure that Leapfrog has recorded for your hospital
- A screenshot of the public report that shows a different measure score than the one Leapfrog has recorded for your hospital. Please double-check the data source to ensure you are looking at the correct report.
- Be sure to enter the email address in the Contact Information and Reviewer Information correctly. This email address will be used to notify hospitals when the Letter Grades are ready to be previewed.
Zenhelp October 12, 2012 •
The Hospital Safety Score Town Hall Call for Leapfrog members and partners, hospitals, and other stakeholders will be held on September 23, 2014 at 3:00 PM ET. Leapfrog staff will review changes to the Hospital Safety Score methodology and provide an overview of the Courtesy Data Preview Period.