Hospitals can now access a confidential letter grade preview of their Spring 2017 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade on the Safety Grade Review Website.
However, hospitals are not permitted to publicly announce their grade until the public release on April 12.
Leapfrog’s public announcement and website refresh of updated Safety Grades is scheduled for April 12. During this embargo period, you may share the grade preview with your hospital leadership, but you may NOT release any information to your staff or the public. The embargo will lift at 12:01 a.m. ET on April 12.
1. Final numerical Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades reflect corrections to source data that we received during the Safety Grade Courtesy Review period (February 21 - March 10).
2. A copy of the "Explanation of Letter Grades," which includes numerical cut-points and the distribution of grades, is available to download as a PDF on the Review Website.
3. Letter grades posted on the Review Website should be considered confidential until the public announcement on April 12. Your hospital is not permitted to publicly announce your grade until that date.
4. Hospitals are advised to visit the Hospital Safety Grade website today to print a copy of their letter grade and source data from October 2016. Source data from October 2016 will not be available once the public website is refreshed.
5. If you need a copy of your username and password, please contact the Help Desk with your hospital's name, address, and Medicare Provider Number.